Telehealth Involves remote monitoring of a person’s illness/condition by a professional health worker in addition to their usual care support service.
In Hull heart failure and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) patients some of whom have recently been discharged from hospital are being given the chance to use remote monitoring equipment. It requires patients to take for example; weight, blood pressure, temperature daily and answer some simple questions about their health.
This information is sent directly to the telehealth hub, where health professionals monitor the readings accordingly.
“Its great. its like having some one else caring for my husband:it takes the pressure of knowing he is being well looked after”, A carer
Home from Hospital supports Telehealth by:
- Information about Telehealth services available.
- Support before, during and after monitoring.
- Support in using the equipment.Volunteering opportunities
- Assisting in welfare rights applications.
- Advice on practical issues.
- Signposting to other organisations.
If you would like more information please contact:
Contact details Telephone: 01482 447673